Our programs include:
- The Community Bicycling Center (CBC), where the community can buy used, refurbished bikes, get repair services, and buy accessories at reduced costs. We hope to hold community programs there as resources allow. The CBC also provides bike maintenance service for the City of Hillsboro.
- Saddle Up Summer Bike Camps are directed primarily toward youth ages 8-13. They are week-long day camps where they campers learn to ride safely on streets, do minor mechanical maintenance on their bikes, and do a lot of riding and having fun. Our great hope is that we will create lifelong cyclists because of the fun and skills they learned at camp.
- Safe Routes to School (SRTS) program support: SRTS is a national program with a goal of increasing the number of elementary school kids who walk and ride their bikes to school. We support the school Coordinators through bike rodeos and safety training, and bike maintenance.
- Bike Safety Education: We offer a portfolio of clinics and classes including
- Adult Learn to Ride and Family Learn to Ride
- Smart Cycling for New and Returning Cyclists
- Confidence in Traffic- the Art of Cooperative Cycling
- Commuting Brown bags, including at local companies.
- Adopt a Bike (AAB): The AAB program started in about 2010. This is a fundraiser for us as well as a great way to give back to the community. We solicit donations from the public, companies, or other organizations and then give a bike, helmet, lock, and lights to deserving students and adults. For the students, we work with selected schools to choose kids who would not have a bike otherwise, and hopefully have to do something to earn it-good attendance, write an essay, improve grades, etc. as determined by the school staff.
- Bike Rodeos: Short events (a few hours max) is a fun way for kids to learn/practice bike handling skills and basic safety info. We run the younger kids through some drills and obstacle courses on a playground/parking lot. It may include learning about the ABC Quickcheck, helmet fitting, etc.
- Monthly e-Newsletter: This is distributed to our contact list monthly, and contains news and information that is of interest to our members and supporters